RULES FOR ADMITTING FOREIGNERS AND STATELESS PERSONS FOR STUDY AT LVIV NATIONAL ACADEMY OF ARTS IN 2019-2020
- Enrolment for studying in higher education institutions of foreigners and persons without citizenship is carried out in accordance with the Laws of Ukraine "On Higher Education", "On Education", "On the Legal Status of Foreigners and Stateless Persons", "On Foreign Ukrainians", "On Refugees and persons in need of additional or temporary protection ", by the decree of the President of Ukraine on June 03, 1994 No. 271 "On Measures for Development economic cooperation of regions of Ukraine with adjacent areas The Republic of Belarus and the administrative-territorial units of the Republic Moldova", by the Decrees of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine on February 26, 1993 No.136 "About studying of foreign citizens in Ukraine", dated September 11, 2013 No. 684 "Some issues for recruiting foreigners and stateless persons" Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine dated November 1, 2013 No.1541 "Some Issues of the Organization of the Recruitment and Training (Internship) of Foreigners and Stateless Persons" registered by the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on November 25, 2013, No.2004/24536 (amended by the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine dated November 12, 2015 No. 1272).
- Foreigners and stateless persons (hereinafter - foreigners) may obtain higher education at the expense of natural or juridical persons, unless otherwise provided by international agreements of Ukraine, the consent to be bound by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, laws or agreements between higher education institutions on international academic mobility. Admission of foreigners to the higher education institutions for study at the expense of the state budget is carried out within quotas for foreigners
- Foreigners, who come to Ukraine for study, enter the higher education institutions for accredited educational programs (specialties).
Entry of foreign students to study at the expense of natural or juridical persons is carried out by LNAA:
1) twice a year, before and at the beginning of academic semesters:
from 16.01.2019 to 30.10.2019 and
from 17.01.2019 to 28.02.2019
for obtaining the Bachelor's and Master's degrees.
2) throughout the year for postgraduate study, doctoral studies (PhD).
LNAM calculates points/grades of an entrant based on the previous education document and the minimum number of points/grades from the general subjects from which the entrance examination is conducted (on the basis of CGSE – 100 points, on the basis of educational levels – 60 points)
Enrolment of foreigners for studying at the appropriate level of higher education is based on the results of entrance examinations on certain subjects and the language of teaching and on the basis of academic rights to continue education, provided by a document on the level of education in the country of origin, and taking into account the success rates that give the right to continue education at the next level of higher education in accordance with the legislation of the country that issued the document on the acquired level of education.
- All categories of foreigners are enrolled to LNAM on the basis of enrollment orders that are formed in the United base.
- For obtaining the Bachelor's, Master's degrees and postgraduate studies, all categories of foreigners are interviewed and pass entrance examinations:
For enrolment to the arts specialties 022 ‘Design’, 023 ‘Fine art, decorative art, restoration’ foreigners pass entrance examination tests on: drawing and Ukrainian language. (HEQ ‘Bachelor’, HEQ ‘Master’)
For enrolment to the specialties 028 ‘Management of Socio-Cultural Activity’, 034 "Cultural Studies" foreigners pass entrance examination tests on: history of art and Ukrainian language (HEQ ‘Bachelor’, HEQ ‘Master’).
For enrolment to the postgraduate study program (obtaining the third educational-scientific degree of the doctor of philosophy) on specialties 022 ‘Design’, 023 ‘Fine art, decorative art, restoration’ foreigners are interviewed with the presentation of their researches and pass entrance examination tests on Ukrainian language and specialty (history of art accordingly to specialty)
Entrance examination tests (interviews) for enrolment to the Bachelor's, Master's degrees can be conducted in several stages:
The main session of the enrolment of foreign citizens for studying in LNAM is in accordance with the schedule of the Enrolment campaign from 10.07 to 30.10.2019.
Entrance examinations for obtaining Bachelor's and Master's Degree are conducted by special attestation commissions of LNAA in the following subjects:
|022 Design||1) Ukrainian
|023 Fine art, decorative art, restoration (except for educational programs "art criticism", "topical art practices")||1) Ukrainian
|028 Management of social and cultural activities||
|1) interview with the presentation of research proposals
3) exam in specialty 022
023 Fine art, decorative art, restoration
|1) interview with the presentation of research proposals
3) exam in specialty 023
- For admission to LNAA, the foreign applicants and stateless persons submit the following documents:
- an application form;
–the translation of the first page of the foreign passport (surname, name) in Ukrainian language is legalized in the order established by the state authorities of Ukraine, if other is not stipulated by international treaties of Ukraine;
–the original of the document of secondary education and an extract of the obtained marks (points) are translated into Ukrainian language and legalized in the order established by the state authorities of Ukraine, if other is not stipulated by international treaties of Ukraine;
–the copy of the birth certificate is translated into Ukrainian language and legalized in the order established by the state authorities of Ukraine, if other is not stipulated by international treaties of Ukraine;
–the original of medical certificate about health is notarized by Health Public Service in the applicant’s country and issued not earlier than two months before the arrival in Ukraine; the medical certificate is translated into Ukrainian language and legalized in the order established by the state authorities of Ukraine, if other is not stipulated by international treaties of Ukraine;
– an emergency medical insurance;
– 10 photos in the size of 3,5 x 4,5 cm, coloured, matte;
– the copy of the certificate of a foreign Ukrainian (if any);
–the return ticket with an open date of departure for a period of one year to return home (if available);
–the passport with an appropriately issued visa for entry into Ukraine (presented personally);
–an official invitation of the Lviv National Academy of Arts;
- The foreign citizens who receive the state scholarships under the international agreements, national programs, and other international commitments of Ukraine are admitted to study within the established quotas for foreigners on the basis of the directions of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
- The foreign citizens who come to Ukraine for participation in academic mobility programs or for obtaining of higher education in accordance with educational programs agreed between Ukrainian and foreign higher education institutions are accepted to study in accordance with the relevant contractual obligations of the respective higher education institutions.
- Foreign Ukrainians who are legally in Ukraine, and their status is certified by a certificate of a foreign Ukrainian, when entering LNAM have the same rights to education as citizens of Ukraine, with the exceptions established by the Constitution of Ukraine, the laws of Ukraine or international treaties, the consent to be binding on provided by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
Foreign Ukrainians, whose status is certified by a certificate of a foreign Ukrainian, can be enrolled for study on state orders within the established quotas for foreigners according to the results of entrance examinations on the subjects stipulated by the Rules of admission.
- Foreigners and stateless persons permanently residing in Ukraine, persons who have been granted a refugee status in Ukraine, and persons requiring additional or temporary protection who enter higher education institutions according to the rules stipulated by these Terms for citizens of Ukraine can take part in the competitive selection of state order within the quotas established by the Cabinet of Ministers on the basis of a special competitive score which is calculated as the ratio of the entrant’s mark determined according to paragraph 8 Section VII of these Terms to the minimum score of the submission of recommendations for state (regional) order in the general competition for this competitive proposal of the previous year (in the absence of such score, a similar indicator is used for another, maximally related, competitive proposal within the institution of higher education, in case of impossibility – another institution of higher education by the decision of the Admission Commission).
- Foreigners who want to study in Ukraine must undergo a procedure for recognizing foreign education documents in Ukraine.